Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Evil Temptations

Happy Spring!

One of my biggest enemies in my battle for health is my own mind. I am notorious for beating myself up, but also for raging wars within myself. When I go hardcore (as I refer to it when I am in extreme focus mode), I am pretty on top of my thoughts, in regards to food.

Temptations are the worst, aren't they? What's worse than temptations, you may ask? Temptations that are thrown in your pathway. I spend a lot of time at work - 9 hours a day for 5 days a week. I go to bed pretty early, so a good portion of my waking hours are spent sitting in front of a computer screen at my desk. In front of my desk sits an empty desk. This empty desk is the most popular place besides the lounge for food to be located in our entire building. "WHY GOD WHY?? -- WHY CAN'T THIS DESK BY IN THE DARKEST CORNER OF THE BASEMENT?" But really -- last week there was a giant bag of Cadbury's Mini Eggs sitting there for a few days, and when we had a Valentine's party, there was a HUGE spread of sugar.

The lounge is a whole other story. I walked in this morning to find dozens of mini cupcakes staring back at me. It took a lot of will power not to go over and lick all the icing off of each one. Actually... that would have been pretty funny.. but not for my health!

So since I hardly prepared for this week's food, and wasn't ready for the amount of in-between meal hunger I would have, I stopped by the grocery store this morning for a lunch and snack. I found this popcorn - Angie's - 37 calories per cup. No cholesterol, gluten free, and a bunch of other good stuff. Plus the bag is mint green and adorable. And yes, I have been munching on it. Now it's hiding behind me so I will actually LIMIT myself to that cup. :]

-6.8 as of today. Yes, it's a roller coaster. No, I'm not always successful. I'm working on it. Baby steps!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, cadbury cream eggs are my downfall! I could eat so many of those delicious, tiny eggs! haha i'm so bad about chocolate & sweet stuff....i give in more than I should. so kudos to you for being able to stay away from those things! teach me your waaaaays! :P
    great job on everything so far! you're doing great! one foot in front of the other, that's all it is. :)
    and because I love quotes so much, here's a great one from Maya Angelou that I LOVE. "I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass." <--exactly what we're doing. ;)

    ReplyDelete