Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

I've been beating myself up lately about losing weight, and comparing myself, not so much to other people, but to myself a year ago. I year ago I went through a spell (ha!) when I lost 60 lbs. I was far from thin, but I was in a lot better shape than I am now. Now, I'm dealing with being mad at myself because I'm not in the same place. But, I've come to realize, that the weight came back last time, and I'm NOT in the same place I was this time last year. I decided to dig down deep and find my big girl panties and toughen up.

I've also been obsessing over natural eating lately. I love the idea of living off of fruits, veggies, lean meats, and whole grains... like how God made us. And to be honest, the more I learn about illnesses and food production, I get disgusted anyway.

A few of my favorites lately:

  •  smart & delicious tortillas - 50 calories! I make just about everything with these. So yummy!
  • yard work as exercise - really satisfies my creative needs as well as giving me a healthy dose of burning calories!
  • Taralynn McNutt's blog - I've been reading her blog undressedskeleton.tumblr.com whenever I get down or frustrated. 

A few of my dislikes:

Okay, just one dislike... haters. I don't think that this has ever really been an issue that I can recall, but let it be known, just because I nod and smile it doesn't mean I'm not laughing to myself and rolling my eyes. You can try to bring me down all you would like to, it doesn't work. It's comical. I feel badly for you. You just don't deserve the "putting in place." I've got way too much going on to have to pause my life to deal with your nonsense. If you would only realize, nobody actually living life lives on that level.

Let's all move on. :]

xoxo
Megan

Weight loss summary:

Like a roller coaster. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment