Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

I'm alive!

After being sick for a week with the world's worst cold and attacking my body with everything from cleanses and homeopathy, creams and sprays, and steroids and antibiotics -- I feel much better.

Needless to say, being sick does very little for the losing weight department and to be honest, I spent most of the day face down in my pillow under a million blankets. I gave myself until Saturday to get better and I pretty much was. :]

I spent all day Sunday preparing for this new lifestyle adventure. I set up my supplements and went grocery shopping for a few things. I also went tanning -- I don't have access to a sauna and needed something to help sweat out the germs.

Over the past week I did some research on the aforementioned supplements because I came to the conclusion that almost every one of the gimmicky brands (advocare, etc.) are composed of other supplements and so why not work a little harder to figure out my own body and what would work for that.

I came across Dr. Oz's video on Saffron Extract. It seemed legitimate, and I'm pretty desperate.. so I bought some. This stuff is pretty pricey as far as supplements go, but it's supposed to boost your serotonin levels while also making you full. So the normal.. eh.. comfort and happiness you get from tasting some food (I'm a huge comfort eater) is somewhat simulated through this supplement. Saffron is one of the most expensive seasonings -- I bought my bottle of 60 for just under $20. It will probably last a month for me. But if it takes away my hunger -- I'll give it a shot!

I had been scouring the internet for supplements that aided in insulin resistance or PCOS and I was coming up VERY short. Then, out of nowhere last night, my mother was reading the paper and was telling me about an article from a natural food store that she came across. It was on this supplement called NAC (N-acetyl cysteine) and it has been tested, mostly in Europe, to help with the side effects of PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome like insulin resistance, which I feel is a huge problem of mine. Let's face it.. my sweet tooth is ginormous, and I need it PULLED.

I was really wanting to try NAC this week, but found out about it right before bed...

Luckily my mind (much to my body's dismay) decided it only needed THREE hours of sleep last night. I decided to haul my bum to the gym but got there too early and so I stopped by the local grocery store to see if they had it.. and they did! Thanks God! I bought a bottle of 60 capsules -- possibly a two month supply, depending -- for $13.99.

In other news -- I'm exhausted from a lack of sleep last night. I drink somewhere around 60 ounces of coffee in the morning and for some reason all the coffee I have tried to drink this morning tasted disgusting, so I am definitely not awake. I did get a good work out in this morning, so I plan to go home and crash hard. :] 

Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment